Correct paint scheme for 1966 IIa with Tropical Roof

Hi All,

I'm considering an upcoming paint job on a 1966 IIa and have a question about the correct (factory) paint job.

I've seen two ways to paint the roof:

1) Paint the whole thing the body color, and then paint only the tropical roof panel white.

2) Paint everything above the windows white.

I kind of like the look of option 2, but how did the 5 door 109 IIa's come from the factory? Was there even a standard?

Thanks!

-Chris Estes-

Reply to
Chris Estes

Hi,

As far as I know, all the station wagons with the tropical roof were body colour to the gutters, and "lime stone" for the main roof panels and the tropical roof. My SIII 109 Station Wagon is painted like this.

I believe this did not change until the first 110 Station Wagons (1983), which were body colour to the Glass level, then "lime stone" above. This was then changed back again approx. 1984 when the 90 was launched.

Best Regards

Andy SIII 109 SW - 1981

Reply to
Andy