Couple of Range Rover questions

Hi all,

A couple of minor queries on the 4.6HSE.

1) I'm getting good vibrations - seemingly from the rear of the car - when accelerating hard. Seems to be mainly in 3rd, but then again, most of the time I'm accelerating hard would be in 3rd anyway. Does this sound like the rear prop shaft, or any other ideas? (I'm also getting some wobble at about 70mph, but I'm guessing this is tyre balancing problems, and it's much less noticeable.)

2) I feel like a bit of a nancy boy with this one, but here goes. My auto dipping reversing mirrors aren't resetting properly. The idea is, you put the vehicle in reverse and it tilts the door mirrors down so you can see better. Then when you put it back in Drive, they come back to the normal position. The passenger mirror is working fine, but the driver's mirror isn't resetting when it goes back into Drive. It starts to reposition itself, but then gives up again almost immediately.

The mirror works fine when changed manually on the joypad thing. It also seems OK when you reset it using the memory seat function. With the help of Andy's Testbook-type software we've worked out that the ECU doesn't seem to have any problem controlling it. Any ideas on this one?

Thanks, David.

Reply to
David French

Would very much like to hear anyone's sugestions on this one as the passenger mirror on my RR has started showing the very same symptoms.

Bob

Reply to
robert.beasley

"David French wrote"

BOTH mirrors dip on the p38 do they? only passenger side did on my 2003 Vogue, and that only did so if selectors switch (to choose which side to adjust) was in 'driver's side position. Dave

Reply to
Foxhunter

Both seem to want to dip, regardless of the position of the selector. The manual isn't particularly specific with this.

David.

Reply to
David French

Probably just that mine was knackered from new???????? ;-( Whats new there then!!

Dave

Reply to
Foxhunter

Yes, both mirrors should dip when R is selected and go back to the original position in D, regardless of selector position. On mine (1997 HSE) this works OK.

BTW, this isn't particularly nancyboy IMO. If it's fitted it should work, and half the fun is getting it to do just that. That's why we all come here, from Series Is onwards. At least you didn't complain about the cupholders. ;-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

cupholders.

Well, now you come to mention it, the gas struts on my cupholders are a bit saggy (I'm not making this up), but I thought I might be shot at by all the Series owners if I mentioned it :)

David

Reply to
David French

|| Well, now you come to mention it, the gas struts on my cupholders || are a bit saggy (I'm not making this up), but I thought I might be || shot at by all the Series owners if I mentioned it :) || || David

Nah, go for it! The RR is in later this week for a service and a few "warranty issues" - one of which is to check the heated seats work (I don't think they do - *rse has remained chilly these last few mornings). I've never had a car with heated seats before, but if they are fitted they should work. No apologies for this one. You don't judge a RR on the same criteria as a Series, but they are all Land Rovers and that's why we are here. And thank God for that.

Mind you, if anything of mine goes saggy these days, I don't tell the whole of Usenet about it.

;-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Good One.