P38 Range Rover side steps

Hi, Has anyone fitted side steps to a P38 Rangie? I've got a second hand pair but can't seem to figure the mounting out. I've got 4 triangular brackets that bolt onto the projecting tube from the back of the steps (2 each side) and would presume this would bolt up onto an outrigger or similar, but there is nothing there on the chassis! It looks like the end caps have been swapped round, but this is impossible as they are handed to each end. If I take the left one, remove the end caps then offer it to the right side of the car there is a possibility I could get it to fit, but the end caps won't go back on this way round. It's as if I'm missing 4 brackets that should attach to the chasis first. Any ideas?

Reply to
cutlea01

Don't worry, found the problem.......stupid breaker didn't send me all the brackets. He left the ones that attached to the chassis on the broken car. Hopefully he'll send them down in time for Christmas!

Reply to
Alan Cutler