Craddocks experience.

Maybe it's me. Called craddocks today to check if they had a 110 galved roof rack in, yep £170 odd quid. So I asked nicely, if I come down would anyone be able to help me lift it on the 110 so I could clamp it on?

No, we just sell them.

FFS! Still glad I asked first.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

where's the Dr gone?

Praps he can wave his wand!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Well, if it's of any help, I managed to put a heavy-duty full roof length Brownchurch roof-rack onto my landy without help, as well as take it off and remove the entire roof and convert to a rag top. It's crap that the telephone person said no, perhaps someone else there would, but I'm a weedy computer spod who spends all day sat on his arse, so I'd have thought you'd be easily able to get it on yourself.

Just approach from the back, get the front rack clamps into the guttering then just start heaving it upwards and forwards, moving one set of clamps onto the guttering at a time until it's close enough to the tipping point for you to hop up onto the roof and pull it up the rest of the way.

Come to think of it, I might have done it from the front, but either way it wasn't that hard.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

So inspired was I having read these comments I made the 50 mile round trip having first confirmed they actually had the rack there in stock again.

Imagine my excitement when I got to the front of the queue in at the parts desk to be told despite the computer saying they had six in they actually had a total of..... NONE.

The staff at Craddocks in my opinion were at rock bottom when they declined a little assistance (initial request - would they help lift the rack on) , however they have continued to dig with this demonstration of complete and utter FUCKWITTERY.

My last trip down to them was equally as much a complete cockup on their part, that was several years ago. Needless to say if I have to pluck a roof rack from my very own arse it's got more chance of coming to fruition than my casting a shadow at Craddocks again.

Astounding incompetence.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:54:27 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

I trust you made your opinions plain in loud terms in the middle of the sales area?

I'd have used phrases like "couldn't find yer arse with an atlas" and "not as useful as a chocolate teapot, 'cos at least that could be eaten".

compare and contrast:

a while back, I needed a hazard switch for the 110. On the 110, if the hazard switch goes wrong, you also tend to lose the indicators.

Drove to J.V.Like, main dealer. Talked to their parts bod. The only switch they had was the later pattern one which would have worked but cost twice as much. Hangon, said the bloke, I'll phone down the road. IFW had the correct switch, could I hang around for an hour or so? yep; I'll go and get a spot of lunch. Came back and got the correct switch, for less money.

so not all main dealers are bad, and not all the Craddocks of this world are good.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

For a little under £20 more I'll happily give you a lift! Though not if you store it where you suggest...

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

beamendsltd uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I'm currently weighing up a number of options... I keep it in mind.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Kin'el , been in Stoke too long... I'll keep it in mind :-)

Reply to
Lee_D

Took me cloak off for this thread ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Oi Doctor D have you been a good boy and checked fleabay recently ? #160087454135 bet he'll give you a lift putting it on as well

Delboy Ok Rodders lossen it off

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Nice one Del

I got this one on Sunday though... 160084609856

We'll impressed with the price too :-) Even got the rear ladder.

All I can say is a big thankyou to Craddocks for being so pants ;-) saved me best part of £150 if I'd have got the ladder from them too.

I've recently discovered the "Saved search" option and the search within so many miles, super.

Currently looking for a two furrow plough for a Fergie for pocket money...... Got an old Fergie and Dad's moving his Veggie patch so thought it would be fun :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Cushtie Doc D, fleabay is your friend . I bet Geoff has got one lurking about round back of the barn I'll ask at the weekend when I give the crows and magpies their exercise workout. You not turning into David Archer are you Lee? BTW I know diddley squat about plows ( even the spelling lol ) is there owt I should ask?

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

If he knows one end of a tractor from another he should know what a little grey fergie is. Thats what we are looking to put one on. For any 'ractor anoraks it's a Fergie TEF 20 4 Cylinder Diesel circa

1954..... I'm thinking of making it in to a camper :-D

Nowt fancey required, or expensive.. just functional.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Can you get a digger attachment for it?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Not ro my knowledge. You can get a big loader type shovel for the front.. but not a digger type, though some one will pop along and correct me in a mo.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

In message , Lee_D writes

Used to drive one on local farm when I was a kid - had to stand up to put enough weight on the clutch. H&S hadn't been invented then. This was a petrol/tvo variety. The diesels I remember were all Perkins.

In those days most implements were converted from horse drawn variety.

It had the rear 3 point linkage and PTO. And yes farmer had two furrow plough. Also grass cutter which mounted underneath driven from PTO. It had unique hook system for picking up a trailer. Saw one last year at Staffs County Show. Brilliant little machine.

Reply to
hugh

I used to drive a small ransomes crawler tractor when I were a lad, lovely little machine, the equivalent of the modern small kubota or similar machines today. I'll probably end up buying one eventually!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 20 Feb 2007 00:45:35 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

If you can't get a fergie plough, I'd be a bit wary. You need a very small one by modern standards, and it needs small linkage pins or it'll not fit. You also need good rear tyres with plenty of tread and check over the hydraulics and the draft linkage for play.

You *can* plough with a fergie, but it's not especially easy.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

why would he want to put an austrailain on it Tom?

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Not much conversion work required, just tow a small caravan behind it. :-)

Reply to
Oily