Danger Danger! - Uncut!

Yes - I am she of the famous broken ankle incurred whilst on Land Rover hugging mission.

Please!!!!!!!! - don't try to sprint towards your newly renovated Series III at 4am over wet grass to hug and kiss her - particularly when you are likely to hit two very slippy paving slabs. It is VERY painful, includes a purple plaster cast, broken ankle and it means no LR driving for at least 6 WEEKS!

It also means that all the nurses and consultants at hospital laugh at you and write it on your notes - probably in that unknown code they all talk in. Friends shake their heads or laugh (depending on the understanding of LR love). My consultant even made a note of it on his dictaphone. I am supposed to go back in a week - whether that is to the fracture clinic or the psychiatric ward I am a little unsure.

Never got to the kissing stage - and am still asking WHY I suddenly sprinted towards J Lo - was just overwhelmed!

Faye (aka 'Hoppy')

P.S. I think that beats just falling over an 'ordinary' car Lee!! Always was the competitive type!!

Reply to
Fayester

Hello Lee's Mad sister Faye who tries to kiss Land Rovers.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I do feel for you. I had an accident earlier in the year, February, that put me on crutches for three weeks - knee/cartilage. It was another two weeks before I could drive.

I expect it was the highlight of their day ;-)

All that and not even a kiss?

Hope you are feeling better soon anyway and remember - never attempt to kiss your Land Rover whilst under the influence of alcohol! ;-)

-- Nikki

1990 Discovery V8i 1985 Range Rover V8 1975 88" Series 3, 2.25 petrol 1979 Series 3 Lightweight, 2.25 petrol
Reply to
Nikki

in article BC0D6459.1D333% snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com, Nikki at snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote on 23/12/03 3:17:

I thought it was "never attempt to kiss alchohal whilst under the infuence of a Landrover"?

Reply to
Rory Manton

I would say that depended on how drunk you were. Still can't believe that she never even got to kiss the bonnet! What a waste of a broken ankle ;-) Any way I'm off to Asda in an attempt to avoid the stampede that there will be later, and so I don't have to take the kids. The cupboards are like Old Mother Hubbards.

Reply to
Nikki

Take the Landy (with a chauffeur) and wipe the smiles off their faces =;>

Get well soon Mac

Reply to
Mac

On or around Tue, 23 Dec 2003 02:08:28 -0000, "Fayester" enlightened us thusly:

You have my sympathies, I did an ankle a few years back. They operated on mine, put a load of wires and screws in it to hold it together - double-edged wossname, in that you can start the physioterrorism sooner, but later on they decided to take 'me all out again, (better long term) but that puts you back on crutches for about another 3 weeks, as the bones are weak where they used to have screws etc. in.

However, several years down the line you'd not tell the difference between that one and the one that warn't broke, bar for the impressive scars one either side. Recovered about 99% of it's movement and strength, so they must've done something right :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Oh the shame ;-)

I've got a spare bonnet here.... I'll pop around with it later :-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

MARTYN .......NO!

:-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

I've always said your sis was attractive, haven't I... :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

You have now passed the initiation. Many feel that this involves 'buying' a Land Rover, however they are wrong. The initiation starts when you get up in the night and look out of the window, just a quick peek - getting a warm glow in your tummy. Next you'll give 'it' a name and a personality, closely followed by boring the daylights out of all your friends and colleague of stories about his/her little quirks and annoyances. Soon you'll know that it is love and you'll want to show this love whenever possible, for some it involves giving your beloved a little pat as you walk past, occasionally a little hug, sometimes a kiss... The neighbours will either think this is very quaint, or start leafing through the phone book for the number of the local psychiatric hospital...

You're nearly there when you can recall immediately the phone number for Paddocks and Craddocks, you know the chassis number and the particular series of actions needed to get the sod started on a cold morning. There is symbiosis and synergy - you are assimilated.

Only, however, when you do something REALLY SILLY, are you accepted into the brethren as an equal and accepted member of the Landie Loons.

So, on behalf of the rest of us hereabouts; WELCOME :-)

Every cloud has a Purple lining :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Paul broke an ankle slipping on ice some years before I met him. Unfortunately he probably only has about 75% movement compared to the other ankle. Since it his right it makes for difficult throttle pedal swing and height adjustments.

Beth

Reply to
Beth Clarke