Danger of Overtaking...

Tonight I trundled slowly home across the Glacia formerly known as Stoke on Trent.... 4x4 and low box in Percy (Auto) we trotted along at around 20mph or so across what was in the main sheet ice roads slowing appropriately etc etc.

As always in these situations I got the village idiot up my rear end itching to get past but not quite having the bottle to come by.

Then we come to the road where it opens into 3 lanes of one way system and the vehicle behind starts to overtake... fair enough but surely he's seen that enormous 3ft big red and white traffic cone in the middle of the road ??? Nope....thwack went the cone against the front end of the still acelerating car and shot across the rear end of Percy like a Michael Owen cross fortunately narrowly missing... I look to my right to give said driver one of my looks of disapproval to see it's a Freelander with Super dark tinted windows....oh and a Messy bumper....

The Moral being (what ever car you may drive) don't drool as you pass by Percy and if you do get the chance to pass by ask yourself why.

Hope the Freelanders ok...shame, what a waste!

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:27:30 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

I saw one parked up in the local town the other day with a spare wheel cover that read "Tay Land Rover", which I naturally misread as "Toy Land Rover" - the a looked quite like an o...

later occurred to me that it's along way from home...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

See my post of 23.Jan.

.... has this NG got something against Freelanders? Mine just happens to be the sixth Landrover that I've owned starting with a Series 3 LWB.

*************************************************** big_giblets snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
Reply to
Big Giblets

Don't get me wrong, my issue is not with Freelanders, it's with idiots in any vehicle , including Freelanders.

But you have to accept that all vehicles ger stereiotyped ....

90's are driven by cloth cap straw sucking farmers.... 88's are driven by tight, cloth cap wearing farmers.... New Rangies are driven by rich toffs p38's are driven by toffs Classics are driven by frustrated toffs 101's are driven by Extreme survivalists who have guns in the cellars Discos are driven by either posh tight farmers or mums on school runs who used to be hairdressers but can't fit the kids in a Freelander. Freelanders are driven by hairdressers who can't afford a proper Landrover or don't have enough freinds or kids to justify a Disco the list goes on...........

and none of them are used by people who really need them (alledgedly!)

I happen to quite like the Freelander, but the fact I can't get two large German Shephards in one, pull a twin axle trailer or our Caravan due to it's weight with one kind of precludes me adding one to the fleet. And I did seriously consider a V6 earlier in last year (Do a google!!!!).

If you really are that senstive then perhaphs you should consider a Ford Escort or something that people won't even take the time of day to mention in your daily conversation. The amount of cr4p I get at work from friends about my choice of vehicles is only to be expected given the vehicles I run, in short if I can't stand the heat I'd get out of the Kitchen...otherwise stick around like the rest of us for the next installment of faults / repairs / experiance and otherwise of our favoured variety of Landrover.

Above all take a chill pill.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

So I'm a tight, cloth cap wearing famer, with guns in the cellar and kids to take to school?

I have been known to wear a cloth cap...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

In message , Lee_D writes

I was out in SOT with SVSRG -the roads ere dreadful. Took three of us in line astern to move a big truck up the hill past Evans Hallshaws - a Jeep, my V8 90 and a police Disco.

There were quite a lot of them about last night!!!

As they frequently do!!

There were quite a few bent bumpers around last night

Reply to
hugh

And who drives 109's

Tight eccentrics like me who wear Aussie hats and think they are on Safari in deepest Coventry ?

Was that a wildebeeste I just saw.

Reply to
Larry

Twas Fri, 30 Jan 2004 06:45:25 -0000 when "Larry" put finger to keyboard producing:

Who drives 110's? I have a south african hat....

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:25:38 +0100, "Big Giblets" enlightened us thusly:

not at all, my post at least was intended to be tongue-in-cheek.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:43:43 +0000, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

almost certainly.

I sometimes wear an ex-east-german-army "Offizier NVA Winter Mutze." but only if it's really cold.

'ere, what about people driving elderly 110 CSWs?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

|| | p38's are driven by toffs ||

Thanks. This is the first time in my entire life that anyone has called me a "toff".

With the exception of "you're a toff, guv" when I flip a spare £2 coin to the Big Ishooooo seller outside Harrods, obviously.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

;-) ....were still working towards toff status but I guess by the time we get there toff status will be realigned to frustrated toff...dratt!

Lee D

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

|| "Richard Brookman" || wrote in || message news:bveb09$r5s7l$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-108243.news.uni-berlin.de... ||| Lee_D wrote: ||| |||||| p38's are driven by toffs ||||| ||| ||| Thanks. This is the first time in my entire life that anyone has ||| called me a "toff". ||| ||| With the exception of "you're a toff, guv" when I flip a spare £2 ||| coin to the Big Ishooooo seller outside Harrods, obviously. || || ;-) ....were still working towards toff status but I guess by the || time we get there toff status will be realigned to frustrated || toff...dratt! || || Lee D ||

No, I like the original idea. Once a P38a owner, ALWAYS a toff.

Yours, toffily... (I'm getting to like this.)

Reply to
Richard Brookman