Dead Discovery 3

Last week at a Landrover Main Dealer - Isle of Wight

The Demonstrator Discovery 3, in the show room - won't start.

Technicians CANT open the bonnet! I quote 'well, the only Tech that's been on the training course if off today..........................'

Vehicle pushed out of the showroom awaiting attention, with the bonnet still closed.....!!!!!!

Lee

Reply to
LEE ARGYLE

I passed some of these on a transporter today. They look bloody awful. The Disco has had unique styling for years, it works and it stands out from the rest because of it. This new thing looks like something the Japs would make.

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair

On or around Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:16:09 +0000 (UTC), "LEE ARGYLE" enlightened us thusly:

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

and, more over, tee hee.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In message , Austin Shackles writes

Well at least they knew which button to press to get the handbrake off.

Well so Ford have not had an adverse effect on Land Rovers reputation for build quality and reliability then.

Actually I quite like the look of the thing (Flame suit at the ready). I was sent a brochure and CD from the local dealer and there are some pretty impressive gismos. I see Solihull have finally accepted that there is a place for an axle diff-lock, (electronically operated) And especially for the Sainsbury's run there's a system for showing in which direction your front wheels are pointing. The Satnav will navigate from A to B even without tracks or roads. All in all pretty cool if you want to use it in the Australian outback, the Sahara desert or the American prairies, but a bit of an overkill for UK green laning me thinks.

Reply to
hugh

Would suit me as a work vehicle down to the ground. My present LR product is too flash so I have to make do [LOL] with my trusty Land Cruiser. When this comes up for replacement [when it has over 200k miles or is written off], then the Disco with those essential bits and pieces will be at the head of my shopping list. Of course, by that time maybe the RR will be old enough to become acceptable to my rather envy-prone customers.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

ooo at last, a gps for properly beating traffic jams... none of this alternative route nonsense. traffic jam ahead? hang a left, through the fence, through the field, through the hedge and awayyyyy

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Quote (paraphrased, though the last bit is almost verbatim) from LRO: Not only did the Satnav place me correctly on my driveway, but it also told us the name of the greenlane we were driving on. That's not just clever, that's bordering on smartarse.

Cheers, Aled.

Reply to
Aled