land rover shocks

i have been given a pair of shock absorbers for a land rover but any part numer serch i do dont show what land rover they are for the part number is ntc 8214 then followed by land rover then 2765 0 2327 07 and finally chb

33053 can any one help identifing these and will they fit a 1987 rr classic
Reply to
dale

My 1986 to 92 spares book doesn't list NTC8214. The damper kits - shock absorber plus rubber bushes etc are all RTC . . . or STC . . .

Richard

Reply to
Richard

thanks that is really strange as they are def land rover shocks i suppose i will just have to see if they do fit they are far more beefer than my range rover shocks

Reply to
dale

On or around Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:23:28 +0000 (UTC), "dale" enlightened us thusly:

odd. must be an old number; none of the lists on Paddock's site has that number either.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Part No's on parts are often the ones assigned during design, and may well change when parts are released for production, (I spent 3 very boring months at Rolls doing the job - ugh) but the tooling retains the provisional number.

Paddocks only, as a rule, list current numbers. As our site fills up (8,000 parts so far) we follow the number supercessions through, so reference to older parts books should allow tracing of numbers through to their current version on the site.

Only 40,000 or so parts to go......... type, type type....

Richard (currently adding the entire SPI catalogue....)

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:49:50 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

so have you got an NTC 8214 then? :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

yes NTC8214 is the part no on both shocks they appear to have never been fitted and are a nice bright green colour also the top mounting eye is a lot more robust than my rr one's having been reinforced but as i said before they are both stamped with land rover

Reply to
dale

On or around Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:23:04 +0000 (UTC), "dale" enlightened us thusly:

my comment was aimed at "beamends Richard", in fact.

Could I ask you to post underneath what you're replying to, which makes it easier to work out what's going on...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yep! But as thats not a "real" part number I'd need the application...... ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd