Decardon front prop.

Anyone know the dimensions of a td5 disco front prop? The reason I ask is because the fitting of a front salisbury axle now dictates that one is required. Failing that, dose anyone know of a company that can make a custom front prop with a decardon CV joint included? Regards Simon

Reply to
Simon Cochran

Dunno. Tried the Propshaft clinic in Halifax ? Let me know if they can - I might want one for my 101 !

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

GKN in Leek can make one - no idea how much. They also do a replacement for the L322 Range Rover front disaster, er, prop shaft.

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

BeamEnds uttered summat worrerz funny about:

They wanted £115 Plus VAT for a standard 101 Front prop if it's anything to go by. So I guess add what ever a Decardon costs on to that.

I'm missing the obvious , why does the presence of a sailsbury front diff require a Decardon prop on a Disco anyway? It doesn't on my IIa with Sailsbury rear and that prop is real short given the transfer box is 4 inches further back than norm.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D