Defender 110

Hi

I'm having problems with a defender 110 1999. When the alarm system is armed the indicators should flash 3 times, instead I have the horn firing off twice!! I've checked whether any doors or windows are open but this doesn't seem to be the problem. Could anyone offer some advice.

Thanks

Reply to
Brad

On or around Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:02:48 -0000, "Brad" enlightened us thusly:

flat battery in the remote?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin,

You have a mis-lock. One of the little levers in the doors is not getting depressed properly. It is usually the one under the bonnet. You can find the culprit by manually pressing each one in turn, while all other doors are closed, until you get your 3 flashes.

Uli

Reply to
Uli

On or around Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:16:16 +0200, "Uli" enlightened us thusly:

not me, in this case...

if it does, it's better than the 1995 disco locking/alarm system, which on ours, when the driver's door fails to lock electrically, just happily arms the system and leaves the driver's door unlocked, so that if you don't notice you walk off leaving the vehicle unlocked. Admittedly, if you open the door, the alarm goes off. But that wouldn't stop opportunist tea-leaves grabbing anything loose inside and legging it.

I think the door lock/linkage is stiff - it locks OK with the key in the door.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I would go for the mis-lock theory too. This has happened to me several times when I've been getting out and inadvertantly pressed the "arm" button on the key fob. Because the driver's door is open (i.e. vehicle not secure) the horn sounds twice. The first time I did not realise what had happened and thought I must have pressed the horn button by mistake while fumbling around, so I carried on, locked the driver's door and went away. When I let myself back in, the alarm went off. Nice and loud it is too. I have the model without central locking as well and it seems that it is clever enough to warn you, assuming all switches working correctly, that something is not closed properly.

Nick

110 CSW TD5 109 Series 3 88 Series1 If the Land Rover is so versatile, why do I crave so many?
Reply to
NW

hi this happened with my Def 90 as well as a few other problems which looked like immobiliser problems. All fixed by a new battery.

Def 90 with bits on

Reply to
mogg

Just to let you all know that I have today fixed this problem. It was indeed the bonnet. The alarm knows if the bonnet is closed or not by a small rubber sensor that is situated just under the bonnet near the aerial. This wasn't being pushed in far enough when the bonnet was closed. I've stuck a small piece of rubber just above it. This now works.

Reply to
Brad