Land Rover Discovery Series 2

Hi group,

My Discovery on an 'X' Plate 2001 has developed this annoying habit of sounding the alarm at about 0130ish, for no reason. It is parked on our driveway and the only thing we can think of is a lorry is going by causing it to vibrate.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to stop this??

Many thanks

Mick

Reply to
Mick

Not really but have you checked for wild life in the volumetric sensors?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Unplug the sensors and see if the problem persists.

Alternatively there should be a locking routine that shuts down the sensors for locking on a Ferry or when you happen to be leaving a pet in the car (obviously ot in the peak of summer etc etc). See the owners manual for more info.

At least you will know if its the sensors then. If it still carries on the problem lies elsewhere.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I suspect the DII alarm system is clever enough to complain if you do that.

There is but I can't remember what it is... It might be using the key in the door rather than the blipper or a double press on the blipper.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Lock it with the key alone to stop the volumetric sensors being used.

Reply to
Dougal

Try alarming with the driver/s door open, then close the door.

Reply to
hugh

blipper.

That will just cause it to signal a "mislock" with a single toot of the horn and if it's the drivers door open none of the alarm system will be activated or other doors locked.

If it's anything other than the drivers door open you still get the toot but all that can be locked and armed will be, except super-locking and the interior space protection. When the door that is open is closed it will lock and the system will "automatically revert to a fully armed state". I'm not sure if that means super-locking and interior protection then come on as well. Having just played I don't think it does as you only get a single flash of the indicators.

Using the key in the door to lock the car is the easy way. This doesn't super-lock the doors or enable the interior protection. Indicated by a single flash of the indicators. Triple flash is locked, super locked and interior protection.

Super-lock disables the interior handles to prevent a scroat smashing a window to use them to open the door.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
Mick

How will you know which of the two things you have changed has had a positive effect if the alarm doesn't sound tonight?

Another thought is the alarm sounding time the same period after the car has been switched off and locked? I'm thinking that perhaps it goes into a deeper sleep after say 6 hours of not being used/unlocked etc.

Anyone know the times for the sleep modes or indeed how many there are? I know that a few minutes after being switched off the immobiliser cuts in and there is a deep sleep mode used for shipping/storage.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Thu, 5 Nov 2009 19:45:43 -0000, "Mick" enlightened us thusly:

or a someone with a sod-off burner on a CB. Mate-of-a-mate in Brum had a monster one, 250W or something on his taxi and used to drive around residential roads keying the mike and making alarms go off :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Was he a virgin?

Reply to
Nige

Have found out from "The Wife" that when she backed it down the drive she superlocked it. We have had no problems since (fingers crossed). Seems we have to back it in as opposed to driving it in. Thanks all

Mick

Reply to
Mick