Defender 110 windscreen wipers

Without thinking I switched them on when the winscreen was frozen. Now they don't work at all. Is this likely to be permanent damage to the motor or is there some sort of cut-out which needs to be reset?

John Antell

John Antell snipped-for-privacy@antell.org

Reply to
John Antell

One word - fuse! Check the fusebox mounted below the dash and forward of the gearlever.

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Presumably you've checked the fuse?

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

If its not the fuse check the nuts that hold the wiper arms on, sometimes if the fuse does not blow the power in the motor is enough to loosen off these nuts. Obviously if you can't here the motor moving at all then go for the fuse GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

blimey, I was about to post exactly the same question!

thanks for the help, this is an incredible group - answering question BEFORE they get asked!

mike

Reply to
Mike T

Oops, I did that yesterday and blew the fuse.:0)

-- Jon

90 D
Reply to
jOn.....

There is a fuse, which is probably blown. JD

Reply to
JD

On or around Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:03:03 -0000, "Mike T" enlightened us thusly:

I did this but got away with it. stupid, really, I *knew* the wipers would be stuck to the screen. and then did the same thing on the car, which pulled one of the wiper rubbers off. Luckily, it went back on again.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks. It was the fuse.