defra wili !!!!!!

let them know what you realy think !

o0hex0o

H'mmm Is this spam? I daren't click on the link incase I end up married to some Russian Big mamma Click Yes/No to abort type spawning popups.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

No, it seems that DEFRA have indeed set up a wiki page - but it is currently locked to edits.

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Perhaps, in their ideal and self-congratulatory pension parachute world, they just weren't expecting to be told they were arse by so many different people in so many different ways and they're now installing a *nice posts only* filter so that when the next elections are due they can say "98% of people think we're nice and doing a good job". Arse!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

It didn't used to be locked to edits, as shown by the following story;

Some chops from the above URL;

------------------------------ Hours after publication of the policy, pranksters launched dozens of attacks against the wiki, hosted on Defra's official website. The heading for discussion "Who are the parties to the environmental contract?" became, "Where is the party for the environmental contract? Can I come? Will there be cake? Hooray!"

Responses to the question of "what tools can be used to deliver the environmental contract?" solicited the illuminating answer: "Spade, Organic Yoghurt Stirrer, Old washing up liquid bottle, Sticky Back Plastic."

Hackers suggested the correct tools to "create the right incentive frameworks" included a "Big stick" and an "Owl magnet".

------------------------------

If ever anyone wonders why we don't get to vote on individual government proposals on a regular basis, "people with way too much time on their hands" is all the answer you need.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Less than surprising just about every website is vulnerable and liable to attack even less surprising that the builders didn't seem to be aware of the potential issues. . I am deeply critical of government websites at best they a difficult to navigate and poorly constructed at worse just window dressing in the vein of being seen to be doing something often just a vehicle for advertising. Doubt me ? try finding the details about vehicle lighting for your series 1 using the search facility at

. There is a bright spot though the DVLA site is working rather better it is possible to find the Historic Vehicle tax exemption details without and hours trawling. Derek

Reply to
Derek

IIRC the site in question was a "wiki", the irritating name for a site that is designed to be editable by the users, it wasn't that the site was hacked, it was just editable by everyone, by design. With predictable consequences.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Exactly my point you could see it was going to happen, I could, probably Spinner my dog could, everybody could it seems except the builders who possibly don't understand the concept of 'online moderators' these would be those folk costing us the odd billion here and there in hopeless IT cockups that seem to continually dog adminstration in government departments bring back Jim Hacker I say!!!! Derek

Reply to
Derek

Dead, regrettably!

Reply to
GbH

They had to do that, in case someone living in the nasty mucky countryside started trying to write a few truths in there...

(No, I still haven't forgiven DEFRA for buggering our private water supply with purity values exceeding most mineral waters and forcing us to have chlorinated mains water put in by the most incompetent plumbers ever to leave a foot-wide hole in an exterior wall unfilled... Whatever gave you that idea?)

Reply to
Torak