Selling my 110 Hi-cap :-(

Well the time has come. My 1984 diesel hi-cap pick-up is going to be replaced. I have too much work for such an aged workhorse and am looking for a TDi300 hi-cap to replace it. If someone knows of one, give me the nod.

Since this is the case I am looking for a good home for my old one. This has been owned by me since new, although it may have been registered as a demonstrator by the dealer but had done nothing before I had it. It's a job to remember exactly back to '84. It has been exceptionally reliable over the years but there is now a knock in the engine and it needs four radius arm bushes and a swivel pin bearing one side at the front to get it through MOT as far as I know. The chassis is in excellent condition apart from a small hole in one outrigger that should be easily patched. It has done a genuine

130,000 miles. Willing to let this go at £1650 or near offer.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

On or around Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:48:56 +0100, "Huw" enlightened us thusly:

Pity I've not got any funds right now - I'm looking for a decent 110 chassis for the infamous minibus project.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I think I may know someone with a 110 chassis needs a rear X member tho' I was waiting for a price ( I have a cunning plan so cunning that it amazes foxes) maybe a bit of a run out for you tho' Austin

Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Thu, 07 Sep 2006 20:25:17 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

is it a plan that would outfox a fox who'd just been made professor of cunning...

bugger, forgotten it.

aha: the power of the interweb...

Baldrick: I have a plan, sir. Edmund: Really, Baldrick? A cunning and subtle one? Baldrick: Yes, sir. Edmund: As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University? Baldrick: Yes, sir. Voice: On the signal, company will advance! Edmund: Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?

that final scene was one of the best bits of telly I've seen. Seen it again since the original, but it sticks in the mind. I was wondering all through the series how they were going to end it, bearing in mind that it (was then) just a tad recent for piss-taking. The last bit of the final episode was pretty much perfect - all along you thought that they'd blag their way out of it and right at the end they suddenly didn't.

more telling in some ways than "all quiet on the western front", which despite me knowing exactly how it ends, the ending takes me by surprise every time. especially the old version I've got...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yes the peace and tranquility of a field of poppies after the noise and smoke of going over the top it made me take a deep breath the first time. Do you want an email if he comes back with price? I'm going back to plan A which involves no comically shaped turnips at all and has a lot to do with the 4 series wheels propped aginst the garage Derek

Blackadder: Yes I have, and it's so cunning you can brush your teeth with it Blackadder: I've got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel!

Baldrick: Is it as cunning as a fox what used to be professor of cunning at Oxford University, but has moved on, and is now working for the UN at the high commission of international cunning planning

Reply to
Derek

On or around Thu, 07 Sep 2006 22:24:08 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

is it a bare chassis, or does it have axles/transmission etc?

can't afford it right now, though, so no hurry.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles wrote:

|| On or around Thu, 07 Sep 2006 20:25:17 GMT, "Derek" || enlightened us thusly: || ||| I think I may know someone with a 110 chassis needs a rear X member ||| tho' I was waiting for a price ( I have a cunning plan so cunning ||| that it amazes foxes) maybe a bit of a run out for you tho' Austin ||| || || is it a plan that would outfox a fox who'd just been made professor || of cunning... || || bugger, forgotten it. || || aha: the power of the interweb... || || || Baldrick: I have a plan, sir. || || Edmund: Really, Baldrick? A cunning and subtle one? || || Baldrick: Yes, sir. || || Edmund: As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of || Cunning at Oxford University? || || Baldrick: Yes, sir. || || Voice: On the signal, company will advance! || || Edmund: Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm || sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by || pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another || madman round here? || || || that final scene was one of the best bits of telly I've seen. Seen || it again since the original, but it sticks in the mind. I was || wondering all through the series how they were going to end it, || bearing in mind that it (was then) just a tad recent for || piss-taking. The last bit of the final episode was pretty much || perfect - all along you thought that they'd blag their way out of it || and right at the end they suddenly didn't. || || more telling in some ways than "all quiet on the western front", || which despite me knowing exactly how it ends, the ending takes me by || surprise every time. especially the old version I've got... || || || -- || Austin Shackles.

my opinions are just that || Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young / In a || world || of magnets and miracles / Our thoughts strayed constantly and without || boundary / The ringing of the Division bell had begun. Pink Floyd || (1994)

Agreed. An inspired bit of editing. Fade out the actors, noise of gunfire, poppies appear (if I've remembered it right). Real lump in the throat stuff. It was going to be hard to end with integrity a series that made comedy out of a recent war, but they managed it.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Bare as far as I know not a rolling chassis I'm working my arse off at the moment so I can't say when I'll see my mate , the only danger is sombody offering me a 110 with a keggley chassis in the meantime Derek All dwarfs are by nature dutiful, serious, literate, obedient and thoughtful people whose only minor failing is a tendency, after one drink, to rush at enemies screaming "Arrrrrrgh!" and axing their legs off at the knee.

By Terry Pratchett

Reply to
Derek

On or around Fri, 8 Sep 2006 17:54:10 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

yep, you remembered it right. They don't make 'em like that today...

's slightly like the end of Schindler's list. which, incidentally, comes into my personal top 10 films ever, somewhere near the top, I expect. fantastic bit of work, especially filming it in B&W and using spot colour, reminiscent of Eisenstein's Battleship Potemkin.

one film that's NOT in the top 10 is Titanic. A Night to Remember is a much better film IMHO. The best bit of Titanic was the underwater shots of the ship today...

Having said "top 10", it occurs to what passes for my mind that I'd have some difficulty actually making a top 10 films list... and depressingly, there's be several war movies in it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles