DII audible pings when starting

Does anyone understand the audible warnings when starting a Disco II TD5? I have a facelift 2003 model, that when starting the engine sometimes sounds 2 or other times sounds 3 pings. Not every start either. Usually a warm start produces no audible alerts at all. No warning lights remain on, and the owner's manual mentions these audible alerts but says they should also have a warning light on to explain what the alert is for. Anyone understand Disco talk?

Wishing everyone a merry Christmas!

Alan C

Reply to
alan.cutler

snipped-for-privacy@bbc.co.uk uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I get a "Bing" rather than a "Ping" on the RR3 when the temp is 3 degrees or below.

Probably doesn't help much.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D