No audible chirp when locking

My 2010 Nissan Altima used to have an audible chirp when I locked the doors, using either the key fob or the button on the door handle. That stopped working sometime within the past couple of months (can't remember exactly when.)

Ideas?

Thanks, JimR

Reply to
JimR

Warranty?

Reply to
IGot2P

I'm a couple of months past the 1 year mark. I'm guessing that if it was warranty, it would have only been 1 year.

JimR

Reply to
JimR

JimR wrote the following:

Find the chirper. It has to be outside of the cockpit, most likely under the hood. Maybe it got damaged, or shorted out.

Reply to
willshak

Maybe one year, but my Maxima is 36,000 miles or three years and I thought that the Altima was the same. Now I have to check because I was planning on purchasing a new Altima next year just for the better mileage.

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

The Nissan Warranty is 3 years on the vehicle and 5 years on the powertrain. If you have the CVT tranny, that's covered for 10 years. All are limited covered warrantys., so you should check.

Reply to
willshak

Thanks, that did it. It's kind of hidden in the manual, but it requires holding both the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob for 2 seconds. Repeating the same procedure toggles it on or off.

JimR

Reply to
JimR