Disco 2 - fuel pump problems??

Hi I have a 2001 Disco 2. When I was driving to work yesterday the engine cut out and after pulling to the side of the road I found the engine would turn over but would not start (or even try).

Whilst waiting for a recovery vehicle I checked all the fuses and found the

30amp fuel pump fuse was blown - but when I replaced it, it still would not start but did not blow the fuse. After getting the car home, when I tried today the fuse did blow. So I've removed the leads to the pump and the fuse still blows??

Feels like it might be a cable shorting somewhere?

Anyone any similar experience or could suggest where the cable might have rubbed and shorted?

Thanks Ian

Reply to
ian

Hi - Should have added it is a TD5 Thanks, Ian

Reply to
ian

Not 100 percent sure, but have a look where the harness and fuel pipes cross the chassis behind the fuel filter (rear wheel arch, RH).

There have been past problems in this area:

Dougal