Disco 2 specs

Does anyone know where I can find out specs for angles of inclination (not departure or approach - these are on the Land Rover website) that a new Disco can handle (before toppling). A salesman mentioned 33 degrees laterally inclined, but how can I confirm this, and find out others?

Marshall.

-- snipped-for-privacy@swiftdsl.com.au

Reply to
Marshall Wilkinson

They're in the owners guide on the specifications page. Ask if you can see the handbook for their demonstrator.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Ask the salesman to "prove it" with a real live demonstration ... but sell tickets to watch on here first :-)

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

On or around Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:36:12 GMT, SteveG enlightened us thusly:

bah. in the old days they used to claim 45 degrees any direction...

mind, 20 degrees feels like it's about to fall over, and in the real world, anything more than 20 degrees needs careful consideration - even at 20 degrees, an unexpected lump in the ground could put it over, if approached without due care.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I agree with you. I'm a geographer, and I know that 20-25 degrees is steep to walk up, let alone drive.

My question was more out of curiosity - I doubt I'd ever get to testing it in the field.

Marshall.

Reply to
Marshall Wilkinson