Disco 3

Crikey, what a car indeed, smooth, fast enough & all mod cons, I especially like the integrated bluetooth phone setup, top drawer that is.

I can't wait to get it filthy.......

Reply to
Nige

Is that the gas-drinker, TDV6 or TDV8?

I always found the TDV6 just a little underpowered.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Feels fine to me, they don't do the TDV8 in the Disco?

Reply to
Nige

TD6 is fine for me too.... It's not far off this one though I'd never drive mine so brutally!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Just read the forum and that clip isn't in sport mode either so in reality it will go quicker still

:-)

Reply to
Lee_D

I don't know. Can't see why not, the RR Sport has it and they're the same car underneath. I stopped delivering them not long before they brought out the TDV8. I just found it the Disco3 a little sluggish off the mark, but then I'm very demanding. The electric handbrake was an absolute pain in the arse tho. Apart from that, a fantastic motor.

Mind you, the RR-Sport I delivered with the supercharged V8 was just utterly phenomenal. The great pity was I only delivered it locally......

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Is it auto or manual? be interested to know how the auto goes.

You got any pics online yet Nige?

I'm on the warpath trying to persuade SWMBO that we should sell the motorhome and buy a D3! But needs to be an auto & 7 seats to get any chance of agreement! Only pain here is that they don't like auto's so most are manual, and are supplied as 5-seaters as standard (even the HSE as far as I can see), so auto 7's are rare and expensive.

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

It's an auto & much better than the manual matey.

Reply to
Nige

The TDV6 is not bad at all for power etc, it improved from MY2007 too. Mine is plenty quick enough for me and returns 28-30mpg too. If you want more there are plenty of good quality re-maps available that bring power up to near that of the TDV8.

As for fitting the TDV8 in the D3, it can be done but is not being offered at present by LR. This is probably for marketing reasons in that they want to keep a divide between the D3 and RRS and at the top the FFRR.

Reply to
Andy