Disco Diesel Injector pump tweak

A friend was telling me that while having his discovery serviced some time ago he complained about lack of grunt when pulling uphill - the mechanic sorted this by removing the nylon spacer from under the diaphragm which is atop the injector pump, he says this mod has sorted his lack of pulling power, and doesn't seem to have had any effect on consumption...... before I start playing round with my injector pump has anybody else had any experiences of this??

Cheers

Mac

Reply to
Mac

On or around Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:35:55 +0200, "Mac" enlightened us thusly:

hmmm. I doubt that's ideal. The thing on top responds to turbo boost and supplies more fuel on boost. It's possible that it's not right, but unlikely IMHO unless it's faulty (split diaphragm, say).

I have a file about adjusting the diesel pump on the TDi, if you want. Just thought of what's not in it, too, which is to check and/or block the EGR valve if it has one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles