Disco Gutter leak?

My 200 TDi Disc has a small but annoying leak when it rains if it is parked with a lean to the off side. Drips flow from the roof trim just above the drivers door onto driver. Is this a common problem? Have tried crack seaking leak sealer into the gutter without any sign of improvement. Has any one with similar problem found a solution. Regards Alan D

Reply to
Alan Dennison

I dont have the problem Kato was fitted with wind deflectors handy when its hot as you can crack the window a bit wider when parked

bet Richard can do you a deal on a set.Derek

Reply to
Derek

Had major problems with dust ingress on my old girl when I first bought her (1992 Disco). I went right around all rubber door seals (including tail) and had to re-glue lots of spots where the rubber was coming away from the press on trim. Contact cement works fine, but make sure it's aligned before you touch it together!

Only problem now is she drips on my foot when she stands in the rain. The rubber around the windscreen really looks ratty, so when I have the spare cash, I'm going to pop it out and replace the seal. (spare cash is for when I drop the windscreen trying to take it out).

-- Craig.

Reply to
CraigB

I have similar wet pants feature in 300tdi shell Disco 1. Logically, a new seal would help. Radical action would be window frame bending inwards. Have'nt tried neither yet.

Cheers, Kalev

Reply to
Kalev Kadak

Deflectors sound a good idea but I don't think will solve my problem. It's not the door or window seals but seems to be comming in to the roof space above the interior trim. Alan

Reply to
Alan Dennison

Thanks for the suggestion but I think my problem is above the roof trim not the door or window seals. regards Alan

Reply to
Alan Dennison

Theres a thought the door frames can be manipulated by slacking off the securing bolts but that doesnt seem to be his problem the only opening above the level of the door are the sunroofs not unknown as a source of leaks electirc or manual Alan? Derek

Reply to
Derek

I think that you're saying that the leak is on the inside. Bite the bullet - take out the headlining for a while and observe.

Until you know where the water is entering any attempt at a cure is just prodding in the dark.

Reply to
Dougal

gets my vote - after smashing the sunroof on the 110 we replaced it using plenty silicone round the new unit. I'd guess that 95% of the incomming water has stopped coming in - IYSWIM.

Reply to
William Tasso

Thanks; My next move I think. Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Dennison

without. I think I am going to have to take out the trim and sit inside in the rain till it flows in. Cheers Alan D

Reply to
Alan Dennison