Warn 8000

Morning all,

As per a previous post, i've inherited a Warn 8000, out of interest what is the difference between that and the 9000, is it simply the motor?

I'm not sure whether this is going to be man rnough for the range rover, comments?

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

I think it depends what you are tryign to pull. Rememer that the winch is rated on an empty spool and pulling effort drops significantly with each layer of rope. Having said that, get yourself a snatch block, as this gets double the amount of line off the drum, and doubles (more or less) your pulling effort and also reduces the load on the battery and motor.

I always try to use the snatch block and always try to pull for only a few seconds, (until the motor starts getting wamr to the touch) and then let the motor cool for a while and I would suggest that the 8000 would last for ages used in that way.

Regards Stephen

PS if using the snatch block, then try to anchor it back to somthing (another vehicle,tree etc) next to your car and not straight back to the bumper as 16000lbs is quite a lot to ask of your bumper.

Reply to
fanie