'93 civic HB water leak typical ? where to look ?

My '93 Civic Si HB recently developed a water leak somewhere on the passenger side ?

The front passenger side floor and floor mats are drenched. The water has somehow made it back to the rear passenger floor. None of the seats have any dampness. The doors had no water in them or their compartments. The driver side floor is dry dry dry. The windows and sunroof were all sealed tight and show no signs of gaps. The glove compartment was dry. The car is parked in the same place as always.

The water came to my attention after about two weeks of torrential rains here in the SE U.S.. The car sat undriven for that time. I go to drive the car and the windows are fogged/condensated up after our cold night. There are a few scatered patches of mildew/mold.

Are sudden water leaks typical for these older civics ? Where or what should i suspect first ?

I tried running water hose on and over the car around the passenger side windows and sun roof but no luck finding any drips or leaks... maybe i need to do it longer ?

any helpful advice greatly appreciated

robb

Reply to
robb

Sunroof drain line might be clogged.

Reply to
Seth

Is the drain hose still attached at the base of the AC unit? Next most likely causes are dislodged or clogged drain hose off the sunroof & failing seal at the bottom of the windshield. Also check that the weather strip is intact around the edge of the door.

Reply to
E. Meyer

"robb" wrote in news:h5SdnVurPMgUw17XnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Pull the black trim strips out of the channels in the roof. See any cracks in the sealer in the trim's ditch towards the windshield?

Look VERY closely; the cracks can be small and hard to see. I've also seen rust in that location. Rust can allow very large amounts of water to enter.

Reply to
Tegger

In my experience, leaks that only affect the floor are usually clogged A/C condensation drains.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire