disco I headlight problem

Greetings, whilst driving one night with high beams on, the lights went out. hitting the dimmer switch, the low beams worked fine, but when i click the switch to high beams they go out and stay out. I have checked the fuses for high beams and they are fine, and the dim switch seems to be working because it clicks as if switching to high beams, but no lights.. the flash to pass causes the highs to come on, but when i actually pull it far enough to click to high, they go out. anyone had this happen? or have ideas on cause?? cheers. Randall

Reply to
neenter

On or around Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:47:41 -0400, "neenter" enlightened us thusly:

dim-dip relay playing silly buggers?

what age, where in the world...?

or the switch could be shagged. do you get main beam if you pull the switch to the "flash" position?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yep, std problem, it'll be a wire come unsoldered at the base of the stalk. Take the cowling off, should be obvious. 5 min fix (4 of whicg are waiting for the iron to warm up)

Reply to
TheGhostOfSmokeyJoe

Reply to
neenter

we had someting similar on our 95 disco and found it was the earth cable where it fixes to the body had come loose. Richard

Reply to
Richard