Disco I/II seats again.

Ok...

Can / Will the rear seat from a DII bolt straight in to a D1 and be fastened in correctly or have landrover frigged about with the fittings.

Now pondering on trying to get a rear seat to replace ours purely to get the centre three point seat belt and no other reason. I.e DII's have the 3 point centre seatbelt and D1's don't.

Seems nuts swapping a car soley because the seatbelt isn't up to what I'd like when our D1 Disco is fine and dandy presently.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:09:54 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

if you're attaching a kiddieseat in the middle position, and you get it strapped down solidly with the lap belt - which does mean you have to get it properly tight - then I reckon it should be safe in any reasonably-survivable prang. The seat itself provides a lot of the crash protection, provided it's not free to escape.

If you're talking about using it as a belt, then it's less good as it doesn't give any upper-body support.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In message , Lee_D writes

I doubt it will. The DII seat latches into the floor in order to give the strength of the centre 3 point belt. You may want to look at the structure of your floor too before considering trying to get the latches to fit. Most DI's have a floor that is getting rather crispy.

Reply to
Marc Draper

Marc Draper uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Not the best thing to tell me having just come back from poking around a new

07 Mondeo estate... doh! :-)

Lovely looking motor and so many toys!

Just need to check now if it'll pull a 10 berth caravan ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D