110 CSW and Disco 2 Seatbelt query.

Given the impending growth in the 'Clan' could any one shed any light...

  1. Does the new 110 CSW have a centre row centre seat with 3 point seatbelt? If the answer to 1 is Yes could it be retro fitted painlessly to a 1990 110?

  1. Does the Disco II TD5 have a Centre row centre seat with 3 point seatbelt? Our present Disco 1 has only Lap belt and we don't like them all that much.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

In message , Lee_D writes

Don't know about that, but Exmoor Trim are selling a front facing rear seat (replaces bench seats) that is apparently approved to use with child seats or boosters. I spotted it today while looking for replacement forward facing seats for the back of my 110. Website is . No connection other than I'm going to be buying a few seats from them in the next couple of months.

HTH

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson

In message , Lee_D writes

  1. Yes and no. the seats would need to be changed to the later type and the under floor reinforcement fitted as well. A fortune to buy new and not likely to find any in the breakers for a few years
2 Yes.
Reply to
Marc Draper

Disco 2 has 3 point centre rear seatbelt.

Cheers

Reply to
Justin Bell

On or around Fri, 17 Aug 2007 03:10:05 +0100, Will Wilkinson enlightened us thusly:

They also do a snazzy reclining middle row seat base frame, but it's not cheap.

I was looking at their site, with a view to new seats for the 110 here: retrim and re-foam front ones, replace front middle, new middle row inclusding frame, new forward-facing folders for the rear, plus new seat belts for the whole lot including mounting points... whole lot came to about

1300 quid, so I won't be doing it like that.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

In message , Austin Shackles writes

Pretty close to what I'm going to be doing but I don't need the frame for the middle row and am probably going to get a pair of Cobras for the front. Just want to replace the benches in the rear at the moment, the rest will happen as and when funds allow.

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson

Justin Bell uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Cheers,

That's one sorted then I guess.... may be in the market for a Disco II in around 6 months.

The rear of the 110 has a cage now for the dawgs so the Exmoor trim seats are out sadly.... maybe I need a 130 :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

How about a landy/caravan hybrid?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

A 101 camper!!!

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Speaking of whom - I'll let you sit in them 90 seats you gave me in a few weeks. They look dead posh now and are right comfy since i gave exmoor trim my credit card details ;)

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Nice one... 101 or IIa ? (I'm guessing 101!)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

101 :)

Not fitted yet in their retrimmed form - will do them once ive got the engine past them!

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Good plan.... you know it's getting posh when you start thinking ahead with stuff like that.

I now dream of a set of doors, door cards and roof lining for the 110.

I also have a desire to do something different with the appearence paintwork / graphics wise having dipped my toes in the vinyl wrap waters.

Baby bump however will temper my desires for the forseeable.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Marc Draper uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Yep

re the 110 I'm pondeing a plan which involves a bracket which sandwiches between the outer door pillar upper seat belt mounts - across the dog guard to form a new upper mount for the centre seat and then attach the roller but to the existing mount on the floor for the clip in bits IYSWIM. All over engineered in my typical fashion.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Fri, 17 Aug 2007 22:53:29 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

I'll be retrimming and re-foaming the ones in my 110. hopefully, that will make them worth sitting on.

Reply to
Austin Shackles