DISCO NUMBER PLATE FOR SALE

On or around 18 Aug 2003 06:41:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (Dave Sullivan) enlightened us thusly:

N, actually :-)

I gather that there was scope for issuing ID 10 T in Ireland, which they didn't do either.

There are various ?###ANS ones on offer that I could put on the LR, but I'd have to have come into a lot of money to reckon it worth it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Here in Oz there are the following: (All on Landrovers)

In Queensland (on a friends) 110-DEF

On my old 35" Tyres 5Litre Rover, Dual Locked Discovery Competition truck AZZKIKR

and on my new 110 I have: TOMBRDR

Old man has retired and is beginning to tour Australia... His TD5 Disco2 is "WOTEVA"

Friends D2 is "LRTD-5"

We have lots of fun plates down here...

Porshe - "STOLEN" Subaru WRX - "PIG EATA"

One of our basketball players has an M5 - "2 BLACK"

Cheers Mike

Reply to
Mike

The one I want is "B457ARD". A bit on the contrived side though...

-- David

Reply to
David Lees

On or around Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:27:08 +0100, "David Lees" enlightened us thusly:

the more likely to have been issued, mind. all the ones that obviously spell rude words (e.g. ASH 1T) never got out in the first place.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

obviously

Quite possibly it may have been. Thinking it over again - depending on the font in use, I may have seen that number and not realised.

Mind you, more than likely it'd be rusting in a scrapyard by now. Unless it was on a Land Rover...

And now I'm beginning to wish I'd never read this thread. I can't stop trying to think up rude number plates!

-- David

Reply to
David Lees

How about a personal plate...

Seen on a BMW

X35 IARO

I couldnt understand it till he told me to read it in a rear-view mirror!!!

Cheers Mike

Reply to
Mike

On or around Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:50:55 +0930, "Mike" enlightened us thusly:

nice one!

Reply to
Austin Shackles

About 8 years ago (I was buying a new car for the first and, so far, last, time) I was looking into personalised number plates, and found that anything where the number isn't a multiple of ten or a hundred, and isn't a number repetition (eg 555), isn't available to buy from the DVLA (or whatever they're called, it's too late in the evening for me to care about accuracy in such matters) - you just have to hunt out what you want from the resellers, or private individuals (sorry about the long sentence).

Probably just as well, since at the time I wanted "M170ATA". Which was, as well as being contrived, also very sad. Even more so since the car just qualified for an "N" plate.

-- David (I settled for N185BSN in the end, and was quite content with that. How often do you really look at your own number plate, anyway?)

Reply to
David Lees

David Lees wrote: || Probably just as well, since at the time I wanted "M170ATA".

I know I'm dim, but...???

Reply to
Richard Brookman

You're not that dim! It was extremely contrived, and the letters would have had to be "modified" slightly, so illegal also. I think it was actually "M120ATA" I thought of, but even that still wouldn't have worked very well. (clue: it was a Star Trek reference)

-- David

Reply to
David Lees

On or around Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:26:42 +0100, "David Lees" enlightened us thusly:

nah, yer gonna have to tell us...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Oh all right, since you insist...

It was meant to be "Mr Data". See? I told you it was sad.

Nowadays I'd be much more likely to be looking for "K9 RUR", or "H11SKY", or similar, as commanded by my partner.

-- David

Reply to
David Lees

Thanks for asking, Austin - I would never have got there. Mind you, I am just as puzzled after the explanation ;-) Do we ask him to explain the two new ones, or just let it go?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

This thread has cheered me up no end. I've just decided that J690DYB has a meaningful interpretation that only I understand, so I now have a personalised number plate that's cost me nothing at all.

David

Reply to
David French

(By the way - I would hazard a guess at "HUSKY". If that's a reference to a dog, as opposed to a winch, then the other one may be along the lines of "CANINE ".)

Reply to
David French

In article , David French writes

Mornington Crescent (hopefully)?

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

On or around Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:35:03 +0100, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

well, one of 'em spells "husky", I assume that RUR is an official designation of such canines... bit like Alsatians are GSD. But that could be well wide of the mark. local Pug-dog breeders have J9 PUG, IU assume that someone had already bought K9 PUG...

silly bugger :-)

Mother's disco (not Martyn, my mother..) has the letters PFO, which she reckons stand for something like "policemen please go away"...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:40:11 GMT, SpamTrapSeeSig enlightened us thusly:

only if we're playing the Cuthbertson Side-slip rule...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

proper

NTD, sorry! *

-- David

  • (no, they don't.)
Reply to
David Lees

explain the

reference to a

lines of

Yup. I believe H11SKY is already owned by another husky (dog) owner (with one of the screws between the base of the two ones), and I'd bet they're not selling...

-- David

Reply to
David Lees