DISCO WITH NO MUSIC (no need to short then)

I have just taken delivery of my new pride and joy. A 94 V8 Disco ES.

Fantastic wagon it is. Easy to drive, comfortable, big enough for the bratz and a months shopping. Better still I may find it harder to get stuck in the mud than the old Vitara.

As is usual though there are always little niggles that need to be sorted when you start driving a strange car. First issue is the CD player under the passenger seat will not eject the magazine. I press the button, which then flashes green but nothing else happens. Am I doing something wrong, is there some secret ritual that I need to perform or is the bloody thing just F$&%ED.

Any bodies help with this most urgent of issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Pete

Reply to
Highbeam

Dunno about the CD changer, but U made the transition between a Jap reliable

4x4 and a Landy.. We have both, YES, a Vitara, with the non existant boot, U can't fit a mouse back there, but the car will work until it rots into dust.

So if we need to move some big "stuff", it's over to my noisy, smelly 110, which although it don't have a CD changer, DOES have a CD player, fitted by my own fat hands.

I'd extract the CD exchanger, shout at it a lot, throw it at the pavement, then go back an INSIST U have your old Vitara back.

Your kids may have to move the seats so far fwd that U all have bent noses to get shopping in, but lets face it, did the Vitara ever really break?

The wifes just passed it's 12 year MOT, it needed 1 CV boot doing, and she wasn't diddled, cos I put the bagpuss mobile in for her (Bagpuss and anything pink features big time in the Vitara, I normally will NOT drive it), and know the garage owner.

But come on, one rubber boot from a 11 year old car for it's MOT.... My 1989 Landy will need SHEDLOADS for it's MOT, my 2 front outriggers are shagged.

Landy peops, don't shout at me, I had a Vitara as well... Hangs head in shame.. But I did have 3 Landys at the same time as well at the time, and my ONLY car IS a Landy 110, which I am forever fiddling with, and love very much (Bagpuss is the wifes, I WILL NOT drive the damned thang with pink pussy cats looking thru every window)... But the Jap "crap" does make our fave marque look very bad on the reliability front. In mine the only CD changer that can break is me, if I don't change the CD LOL

Reply to
Me

"Highbeam" wrote

On one of ours we had you slid the CD changer's door open first before you pressed the button.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Not likely got rid of that crap years ago and the only thing I missed was the occassional green lane. I did not miss the engine that lacked power unless thrashed, the roof that took 45 mins to put back on (by which time the rain had passed) and the bit that really baked my noodle the wiper switch where indicators should be. Bloody thing, in the four years I owned that car I never got to grips with that. :-)

Rusted through fuel tank, broken propshaft, snapped timing belt (ouch pain in pocket jap parts bloody expensive), rusty brake pipe for the very last MOT before I sold it and the soft top went rotten.

Mine was a 92 too. Perhaps I was just unlucky.

Pete

Reply to
Highbeam

Sometimes you'll find the little door isn't slid open far enough - it's hard to see what's going on down there. If this happens, the magazine won't come out. You've probably checked this already, but just make sure the door is open fully...

Reply to
David French