Disco3 Auto - throttle lag - chipable?

Hi, all.

As per subject, really.

Disco3, 06 plate. V6 diesel, auto.

When pulling away from stationary, there's a second or two of time lag before anything happens. This is quite worrisome if you are aiming to pull out into a small gap in moving traffic.

Is this a fault, or are they all like that? If so, is it something that can be addressed by chipping, or is it something I need to learn to live with? If it can be chipped, is there a recognised 'best-in-class' product, or are they all much of a muchness?

Does chipping involve physical replacement of a ROM chip on the Engine Mangement Unit, or is it all done from a PC re-flashing the engine mapping on the existing chip? If it's a re-flash job, will it get buggered up by the dealer when they do a service?

Answers to these, and any other questions I should have asked but didn't, are welcome!

Reply to
Ron Lowe

Ours like that, we have 3 at work, you just get used to hitting the go pedal in time with gaps. I do think it is a bit naff tho Stu

Reply to
tomtom