RX330 Acceleration lag

In my RX330, I notice a slight hesitation when accelerating from a stop, and a more noticeable hesitation when accelerating from a "rolling stop". Anyone else notice this?

John

Reply to
John C

Frank

My 2000 RX300 also lags when accelerating from a stop. I took it in for its 90K maintenance and thought it might improve. They loaned me a really fast sports car to drive while it was getting servied. When I got my RX300 back I thought maybe it just seemed to be sluggish because of the weight of the vehicle compared to the sportscar, but now I'm convinced that the lag is not normal. I'm pretty sure when I bought the vehicle a year ago it didn't do this. Has anyone discovered a fix for this?

Reply to
Jill of All Trades Mistress of

The 2002/2003 ES300 has a documented problem nearly identical to this. If Lexus has addressed this problem in the 330, and if there is a firmware update available for it, I would advise checking it out. Lexus became aware of the electronic tranny problem last year with the 2002 ES300. It's possible they are getting around to fixing all their models accordingly.

Reply to
Steve Larson