Discovery 1...worth buying?

I'm looking at possibly buying one of these, but keep reading horror stories about how bad the bodywork is and how they keep failing MOT. Is it worth buying one of these if the boot floor has been welded already, or is the rot likely to have already spread elsewhere? Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

Of course they're worth buying ... but how much you pay is another question ... ;)

If the boot floor needed doing then also, maybe, the front inner wheel arches need looking at, the rear wheel arches where the corner is formed with the bottom of the door, and the sills. It's worth mentioning that most panels are easily obtainable and most 'faults' are known and have fixes for.

Reply to
Paul - xxx mobile

"John Stokes" wrote in news:49208ea2$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

Depends were you are :)

In Australia, they are bargains, little to no rust and not much trouble. I have a 97 SE7 that still looks new :)

Reply to
Ron

Definitely worth buying, loads of fun welding the bits and fixing the mechanical stuff parts are not dear and redily avalable. Had two now (one got nicked..BASTARDS!!!!) both with rotten inner wings (front and back) and boot floor of course. I'm good at the welding now (loads of practise LOL) Both were cheap as chips to buy , both a great ride both not bad on fuel both run on 50/50 veg oil. Go for it !

John

Reply to
Long tall ugly