Discovery 1996 Immobilizer problems

The problem comes and goes, and has nothing to do with where the car is parked or with the voltage of the battery Sometimes, like today, of course raining cats and dogs, suddenly coming out of the supermarket the remote does not work. Up with the spare remote - does not work. Useing the key - the alarm blast off - but of course no starting. Deactivated the alarm through the key turning. Alarm stays off, but no action - NO REACTION at all - when using the remotes. (Deactivating with the key should make it possible to start normally, says the works hop manual) The gear into 5th and out into the rain and pushing a few decimeters. Into the car - suddenly the remote works. I drove the car back to the workshop where it has spent the last five

-5- weeks. Parking and suddenly the remote is dead again.

Observed: When the car was new I could open the car with the remote at

100 meters distance (not recommended). Now I have to be very close, even with new batteries in the remotes. (when it works at all)

And now: PLEASE what can I do? The workshop has not got a clue (Yes, the are the LR guys here in Oslo, NOrway) I cannot sleep looking forward to the bill for 5-? weeks in the WS.

H E L P Reply With Quote

Reply to
desavigny

I'm told that the aerial can sometimes cause issues, it's up by the cabin light, and the alarm ecu is down in the passenger footwell, check everything is plugged in tightly, your spider might be on it's way out, or your remotes may be knackered, have you changed the batteries lately in them?

Reply to
Alex Threlfall

Check for cellphone repeaters in the vicinity. My car does the same when I park at GF's house WHen I park round the corner, or a few hundred feet down the road, no problems. They hae a HUGE umts cellphone mast across the street........

Reply to
Joey