discovery 2 stereo

where can i get a stereo from had no luck anywhere please advise to fit 2000 disco es

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
bones

Breakers? e-Bay? Land Rover dealer?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

thinking about it doesnt the radio in the D2 fit in the dash rather than low in the centre console if so most DIN standard units should fit. Its a problem with the RRC and D1 at there is so little clearance in the console that deeper units tend to pop out under the inflluence of the carpet Kato has a Sony CD and the bugger will not sit right for that reason and I'm going to have a similar problem with the Rangie if the new Goodmans I have stashed away turns out to be the same dimensions see item 230150574018 on fleabay if you want the head and cd setup Derek

Reply to
Derek

It does fit in the dash center top above the heater/aircon controls. How ever I don't think its DIN size, mine measures 19cm wide and 8cm high. The width is about right but the height seems a long way off to me.

That is from a Freelander not a DII.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Sounds like its odd sized then the DIN is 179 x 50 mm unless thats due to the little rail that sits below the unit the wsm doesnt show it too clearly and it's chucking it down so I'm not popping over to check my mates D2 with a ruler. oops yes you are right I misread the ad the OEM for later D2 is the Philips DC 710 like #150141624722 ( odd looking surround ? must be Fiat ) not the one I spotted (770) these 160051633127 290138385238 and 320052772651 look different again so it looks like there are a few options but theres a few for the OP to be going on with . Derek

Reply to
Derek

Thats about normal DIN size. I did a quick google and there is a double DIN with a height about 4". That sort of fits to the DII radio size but I wouldn't put any money on it, a) as I didn't find the exact measurements and b) it's difficult to measure the hole size without removing the radio and I don't have the funny flat bladed release tool that it requires.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice