Discovery lift kit

Is a 20mm lift all round on a disco going to look OK ? does anyone have a pic of one with a similar lift?

I'm not after it looking like the wheels have had a divorce from the body !! :-)

cheers,

Reply to
StaffBull

StaffBull composed the following;:

Can't remember where I saw a few pictures of a 1" lifted Disco. In real life you can tell they're lifted, but to most people, ie those who aren't 'enthusiasts', they wouldn't notice there was anything different.

As good a mod, and arguably better, for light green-laning is a set of bigger tyres. They give more overall ground clearance with the same suspension movement. All a lift does is make a bit more room for bigger tyres and a slightly greater attack and departure angle. The diffs and other running gear is still at the same height, so if your diffs are scraping now, they'll still scrape with a lift kit.

If you are lifting the body, larger tyres also make a lot of sense .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:54:55 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

Very true. Hence mine having Pirelli STs.

suprisingly good in slippery places, though. ISTR the pirelli AT not being all that good, although they were wide-wide ones, and narrower ones on the same vehicle might've worked better.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Or you could try these. I have fitted them to two RRC and each case I had to enlarge the holes because they were slightly out of position, but no great hassle. Fronts are slightly more fiddly to fit because you have to bolt shocker through a plate they supply if you go for 2" lift. Should be able to do all 4 corners in about a day as long as all the bolts undo ok and we all know how likely that is on a Land Rover. Extended rear axle bolts are harder to find because they are metric fine. I just ground off the captive nuts on mine and replaced with M8 or M10 bolts and nuts, cannot remember which. They also do drop plates for the rear shocker top mounts, they will need a bit of fettling to get to fit ok. Do not forget to fit extended brake lines if you go for a 2" lift.

Hope this helps.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Coombs

Whoops, would help if I put the link!!

Martin

Reply to
Martin Coombs

On or around Sat, 08 Jan 2005 18:50:35 GMT, "Martin Coombs" enlightened us thusly:

neat, but mine were a damned slight less than 25 quid.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 16:24:25 -0600, StaffBull wrote (in article ):

If you are talking about a Series one it will probably look a lot higher. I just went to Old Man Emu springs which gave me a 3/4 inch lift in the front and 1inch in the rear. Not much more than what you are talking about. it looked a lot hight because the old springs had sagged so much. If you just go with the land rover HD springs you will probably get the lift you want and still be stock and not have to worry about steering changes or drive shaft angles.

Hud

Reply to
Disco Duck

On or around Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:54:49 -0600, Disco Duck enlightened us thusly:

the results on mine are quite good. It does feel slightly lighter on the steering, but not enough to worry about.

Reply to
Austin Shackles