Discovery lift

After a little discussion with er indoors last night, it appears that I may get away with lifting the Discovery and making it a bit more 'offroady'.

Sorry if this has been done recently, but...

...if I lift it 2 inches, what are the tallest rims I can get under the existing bodywork without cutting lumps out of it? I will be fitting BFG Mud Terrains or Trac-Edge, probably to the standard alloys, but possibly to steels if the offset needs to be changed?

And does anyone have good / bad experience with particular steering guards? Sadly Matt Lee doesn't make them for the Discovery, but his diff guard is looking a bit lonely down there...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Hi!

Slightly off-topic, but in the latest LRO magazine there's an article about a greenlaning trip where one of the vehicles was a hybrid based on an early Range Rover chassis, with a 2 inch suspension lift to allow big fat tyres. This chassis has been fitted with a 1996 Discovery body, attached to the chassis with spacers to give a further lift (total 6 inches).

What I wonder is why a '96 Disco body in good condition would be discarded from its original chassis in the first place!

Cheers, RB

Reply to
Prof Rollerball

If you do decide to go the 'new rims' route, can I be the 1st to ask for an option on your old alloys. I've been after a set for 'er indoors' 200 Disco for years.

I even have a spare set of Disco steels in good nick if they're of any use.

Mark (reply to email)

Reply to
TheGhostOfSmokeyJoe