Discovery TD5 Power & Torque

Hi,

I have a 51 reg TD5 and would like to know where I can find what Power & Torque it develops.

Can't seem to find this info in the Handbook.

Cheers,

Barney.

Reply to
Barney

Developed under the code name ?Storm?, Td5 is a totally new, 5 cylinders,

2.5 litres, direct injection diesel engine that sets a new standard in the sector for its span of attributes: power, torque, and economy, refinement, low cost of ownership and low emissions. It has been designed, developed and manufactured within Land Rover. The Td5 develops a maximum power of 101.5 kW (136 bhp) and a maximum torque of 315 Nm (232 lb.ft.). Although Td5 has the expected Land Rover low-speed torque - the maximum is at 1950 rpm, with 90% available at a mere 1450 rpm - the torque spread is greatly extended, with at least 80% of maximum on tap from 1,300 to 3,900 rpm. The governed speed is high, at 4,850 rpm, with a progressive cut-off characteristic and excellent performance at high speeds.
Reply to
Neil Brownlee

...oh and credit to Google and

;-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Thanks for that Neil, just what I wanted.

Barney.

Reply to
Barney