Defender Bonnet Spare Wheel Carrier

Hi All, just a bit of info about Defender Bonnet Spare Wheel Carriers. These come up quite regularly in this group so I thought I'd take the liberty of mentioning the kit I've now found. It's doesn't get a mention in the parts books, but is a Genuine Parts Kit that contains everything (bar the tools!) for carrying a spare wheel on the bonnet of pre-Td5 Defenders - no mention of it's not fitting Td5 bonnets.

The kit inlcudes: All the bits of the carrier itself A new "rigid" bonnet prop. All the fixings, including rivets. A list of the tools required. Very comprehensive instrcutions.

Part No. STC7633 £134.54 inc VAT

Just thought someone may be ineterested!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

In message , beamendsltd writes

You star Richard.

You just saved me from looking up the part number.

Reply to
Marc Draper

so beamendsltd was, like...

Would it fit a Series bonnet?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Basically - yes, I think so, but it would not be a straight forward job, and one or two bits like the strengtheners would probably be reduandant.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

so beamendsltd was, like...

OK, thanks. I'll leave it where it is.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Reply to
Robert Honnor

...and Robert Honnor spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

I had a spare (235/85) on the bonnet of my 90 for about 30K miles/two years, including some pretty boneshaking off-roading. It was bodge-mounted on a modified rear door mount, I think. Definitely no caution there. Lasted fine.

Reply to
Richard Brookman