Door Pillar Repair Panels on Series11.. Another Gripe

Right,

Someone has tossed a spanner in the works for this afternoon, After Grumbling about the price of these damn things and being unable to find any

2nd Hand. I have managed to find someone who can supply @ a fairly reasonable ( mutter, mutter, mumble, grumble ) £32.00 per side for the top and bottom pieces.

However the helpful bloke then mentioned that there are cheaper ones available but they dont fit quite as well...........

Questions is if there are cheaper ones available, then why the hell are they so costly ?? and why isnt the Cheaper option widely available. Personally I am not to fussed whether they are a 100% straight as I dont really mind a bit of bashing and cutting, so long as the price is right.

Does anyone Know who makes the Cheaper ones and where they can be sourced from ?? Or if you have a set lying around and dont want them. Please Give me a Shout.

All thoughts appreciated,

Cheers

Iggy.

ps, Am in two minds as to whether to make my own. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Reply to
Igundwane

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:39:28 +0100, "Igundwane" made me spill my meths by writing:

Probably because they are cheap?

Probably 'cos they are s**te?

And forever and a day wonder why your Land Rover gets a second look, usually with the viewers head cocked at a slant wondering where the crease starts :)

Now that sounds more like it. Guillotines and sheet metal folders not too bad a price in Machine Mart and you could probably easily recoup that expenditure by becoming one of the fabled "cheap suppliers of Series pillar repair panels" Think about it, you have some repair sections now to use as templates, go for it.

Makes me wonder whether a complete pillar would be worth doing, not a top or bottom bit but the whole length.

Reply to
Wayne Davies