Sodbury

There's usually a bit of a buzz on this group around Sodbury time, but nothing at the moment. I am assuming I've got the right weekend, i.e. Oct

25th. Has the venue been changed as I drove pass the Newbury Showground earlier this evening and its full of marquees, tents and such like not the wide open expanse of field that is usually reserved for Landy-philes. Although I see the weather is set to be the usual grim cold day.

Any comments?

Reply to
TL

Foxhunter

I shall be going but not with a trade stand this time I shall be there promoting the Indoor 4x4 Show held at Donington Park Exhibition Centre, Castle Donington on Sun 15th Feb next year....

Does anyone else think over the last few Sodbury's the quality of the tat has spiralled down to 'crap out of the garage' rather than useful bits?? And who else has been charged more than the paperwork suggested they would for their stand???? Is the lack of 'Sodbury Banter' on this NG more evidence that the Sodbury bubble may have birst?

David LLAMA 4x4

Reply to
David_LLAMA4x4

Never manged to make it to Sodbury :) "Sod it", always been Working, playing, or had no cash :(

Reply to
ParrotCam

Got there for the first time this year... Its big, extensive and full of crap!.... BUT, if you look very very hard, there was a gem or two!

See you next year anyway....

Reply to
zoom

I went, and ISTM to be a bit better in terms of both quantity and quality than the last Spring one. There seemed to be a lot more people selling LPG kits than before.

Including admission I spent seventy quid and got a pair of 85Ah leisure batteries, 2 jerry cans, 2 ammo boxes, 2 ratchet straps, a pick, a shovel and a huge reel of 3" gaffer tape. Bargains!

Reply to
QrizB

And a pair of long arms no doubt too :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Worth more than its weight in gold IMO...

Got a couple of rolls at the ARC National earlier this year. Wish I'd got a boxfull at a quid a roll...

Don't s'pose you saw any 101 rad grilles there did you?

I intended to post asking peeps to keep an eye out but plain forgot...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Have you thought about commissioning one? They don't look particularly difficult to make if you have a part to use as a pattern.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

There are FIVE options;

ONE Wait until I find one for a decent price

TWO Use the one off Grumble and make a different one for Grumble

THREE Try to find someone who can make them, as you say (maybe in bulk and sell them, if they meet authenticity, through the club at cost). Would still need the oval marques...

FOUR nick yours when you're not looking... ;-)

FIVE fear, surprise and a fanatical devotion to the Pope.

Erm... ?

2 is current evens-on favourite :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Evens-on? Is that a bit like 'evens'? ;-)

ISTR there was someone in one of the comics doing the marque badges (not for the 101 specifically, but if they have the technology then shouldn't be tricky).

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

- are children safe at Land Rover events?=================================================================

Probably - but please nobody tell my family that I'm not fully versed in gambling terms

Again, provided that the authenticity is there, I guess it's as good an option as any other. I have, however, a rather silly idea for a new rad grille for Grumble, now...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:37:32 +0100, Mother made me spill my meths by writing:

Pair of CK's?

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Weird old world as it is, I've just had an email from someone for whom I have a fair amount of time and respect, informing me of an address change. He also mentioned he has a 101 rad grille! (I posted a similar 'has anyone got one for less than the price of Dorset' posting to the 101 list on yahoogroups recently).

Problem, as they say, is sorted :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

LOL! - only if they had a rear vent, restricted airflow and all that!

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Couldn't you modify a SIIa grill to fit, it's the same style, just a different shape?

ALex

Reply to
Alex

Ah... I see... You're confusing me with someone who could do that ;)

I may be wrong, but is the metally bit different?

Not an issue now though, thankfully :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

It did feel a bit like that at times!

Reply to
QrizB

I saw a lot of them attached to 101s, but didn't have any tools handy ...

Reply to
QrizB

You don't need any tools to get them off...

I shouldn't have said that...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother