Parabolic Springs -another one

As the parabolic springs give more axle articulation should the axle straps be removed? AIUI the extra travel could damage the shocker as it has no internal bumpstop so is it better to leave the straps on or get different shockers? if so which ones?

or am I talking out of my bum again

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

On or around Sun, 29 Jun 2003 10:10:02 +0000 (UTC), "Andy.Smalley" enlightened us thusly:

yer recommended to replace the shocks anyway as the rates don;t match that of the springs. This lets you put longer ones on which will take the extra travel. Check straps are up to you, but you'll not benefit off-ropad from the extra spring travel unless you remove 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Forgot to mention shocks.

I went for the pro comp ones. They work alright, but I am not so keen on their design. They dont have a built in cover over the rod. You can buy a rubber boot to go over em, but i did this and the boots collect all the mud and crap and make them go all rusty. Which i'm sure cant help thier operation. Have pulled the rubber boots off mine now.

Paddocks sell some monroe gas ones. Theyre a fair bit cheaper than the pro comp ones, and have a conventional kinda design. Which seems much nicer to me! They seem to work just as well too. I'd buy these if i was doing a set of parabolics again!

Reply to
Tom Woods

see my other post.. I got a full set of heavy duty rocky mountain springs and pro comp shocks. ES3000's i think

springs took a while to break in (damn hard for the first fewmonths), but nice later. Dont like the shocks much though (but they dowork well).

It's a fair bit smoother now than my mates landy that has new standard springs and shocks on, and its taller. It also copes well with loads of weight.

On my mates landy we just did the back springs and shocks. I think they were british parabolics (whatever type it is paddocks sell), and monroe gas shocks from the same place.

Its not going to make the ride any worse!. They helped his in that with the old springs the wheels kept grinding on the tub!. The ride of the landy is a bit nicer now

Doing only half shouldnt defeat the purpose of em, its going to help!, just not as much as doing all of them..

Reply to
Tom Woods

A little austrian landy-parts trader let Koni build new shocks for them. I have them installed and would not take any other after experiencing the ride and ability of them.

Its only in german, but if anyone is interested I could help with translated infos or orders.

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner