DVLA

Hmmmm....

Elucidate for us..

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

I'd rather calm down a bit first - lest my head explode...

Reply to
Mother

Ok,

No worries, after sending my V5 to them 3 times to change my engine number and capacity I have had a new, yet unchanged one sent back, 3 times. I've given up now.

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Having a similar problem trying to change address without change of ownership. They sent it to the address though

Alan

Reply to
Alan Brown

I tried to change the address (spelling) on my driving license about 20 years ago. Twice I sent it back with the details corrected on the reverse and twice they sent it back with the same spelling error! It's still wrong now LOL

Ady

Reply to
ady

On or around Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:53:59 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

I had a letter from them telling me that I was no longer the keeper of my

110, following my sending them the V5, duly annotated.

a) they've never done that before, and b) what a waste of time and effort.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The're probably notifying you in case it wasn't really you sending the old V5 off. Most likely some anti fraud type measure to prevent people getting hold of V5's for illegal purposes.

Reply to
Simon Barr

It's so that when the person you sold the car too doesn't tax it and gets nabbed by one of those nice little cameras or he gets a thousand quids worth of parking tickets you can show the police/courts that the vehicle was no longer yours.

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

On or around Fri, 02 Jul 2004 18:50:25 GMT, SteveG enlightened us thusly:

could be useful, then. Good job I kept it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles