Earthing problem perhaps with fog lamp flashing with left indicator

Hi all,

For some months I have had this annoying intermittant fault on my D90

200TDI.

When I indicate left, Sometimes the rear fog lamp starts flashing as well.??

The only way to stop this is turn the fog light on manually with the stalk switch and then switch it off again.

Whenever I go looking for a fault it never seems to reoccur!!!!!!!!

Anyone any ideas

Thanks

Zen

Hi,

I had a similar problem on my TD5 Defender. It involved the fog lamp, and indicators too. I eventually traced it to a loose earth connection between the chassis and gearbox under the vehicle on the passenger side.

Tony.

Reply to
Tony Boyle

"Tony Boyle" wrote in news:bpnb3j$1p9of6$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-80747.news.uni-berlin.de:

Snap!

If you go back through the posts, you will find one from me. My problem was the fog light indicator on the panel flashing in tme with the right indicator when I also had my foot on the brake!

I got the advice that it was an earth problem. No sooner had I looked underneath than I spotted broken wires where they had rubbed on the transmission shaft!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Thanks guys,.

Its bucketing down here and my fan belt has just snapped..........

looks like you have to take the power steering belt off first to replace it.

Oh well, when the rain stops.......

200TDI D90 Z

Reply to
Zen