Passat flasher relay

Have a 2000 Passat. The flasher relay has developed a mind of its own, and is clicking whenever it darned well feels like it.

When the right turn signal is on and it turns off, the relay sometimes clicks for an extra couple of seconds. But the light on the dash and the bulb outside are not flashing. Other times the relay just starts clicking on its own for a few seconds. I checked all the bulbs and they are working OK.

Could this be a bad relay? Bad bulb? Short somewhere?

Judging by where the relay sound is coming from, the relay is either behind the hazard switch, or part of the switch. True? If I were to change the relay, how do I get at it? Would I have to pull out part of the dash to get to that area?

Doesn't seem to be causing any problems, but the noise is annoying.

Thanks.

Ken

Reply to
KenM

KenM sloeg het volgende aan.

Yes most of the time is the relay is bad. I think its located behind the dash under the steering kolom.

Reply to
Yoda

In correct! It's incorporated into the hazzard switch and takes 10 minutes to replace.

Reply to
Woodchuck