End of Rover production?

Are the news authentic? Rover factory is on its end? What about services worldwide, parts and accessories supply?

Reply to
Night Train

Yes, MG Rover. NOT Land Rover, which has absolutely no connection to Rover other than being an engine customer.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Who 'made' the TDi300 engine in a 1997 Defender110 ??.... and the gearbox , too, for that matter. Is there any 'reference plate' with this info, or a cross reference list that relates to engine numbers and where the 'construction' was made ??

...frodo.

Reply to
frodo

Most likely, engine by 'international engines' of brazil. gearbox by 'santana' of spain.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Land Rover made it at 'Solihull'. :-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Hehhehhehheh !!! A Vision of the future, eh, Mark ?

The future.......More likely at one of the gynormous plants currently being constructed in China.... one GMH, the other Ford. Of course the Ford 'outgrowth' would have _nothing_ to do with the recent 'ultimatums' delivered at Solihull that I read, would it...... ?.

Brazil and Spain, eh!...... I'll go and check my engine and gearbox right now !! Here's me thinking I'd got one of the 'last of a breed' ( preceded the chippy-'electronics' for starters) :)))

... frodo.

Reply to
frodo

I could always be wrong about that, but that's as I understand it, and a good thing too as International make damn good engines and santana make damn good gearboxes :o)

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Both made in the UK until they were superceeded (except LT95's which were a Santana box), the engine went to Brazil (and was/is fitted into GM and Mercedes light trucks). Where the gearbox went (if anywhere) I don't know, but Santana is no more, they packed in about 18 months/2 years ago.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Are you sure about that? They seem to still be chugging out the PS10 with the old LT85 gearbox.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Thats's Santana (Ex Land Rover), as opposed to Santana-Suzuki, I believe they were (technically, anyway) different companies.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I think the Santana box was LT85 not LT95 - the four speed LT95 was superseded before the Tdi engines. JD

Reply to
JD