Rover Spares

XPart speaks out to MG Rover customers XPart, the company that owns and operates the entire spare parts business for MG Rover, today reassured owners that the ongoing parts support of their vehicles is in good hands. XPart, a division of Caterpillar Logistics Services, is largely unaffected by the current difficulties at MG Rover and is running its spare parts distribution operations as normal.

"With £40million of parts in our warehouse, and strong ongoing partnerships with the 800 companies that supply parts for MG Rover models, we are in an excellent position to maintain uninterrupted supply to MG Rover dealers worldwide," said John Parkinson, Chairman of Xpart.

"Whatever the outcome of the negotiations at MG Rover in the next few days and weeks, it is important that everyone who owns one of the three million plus MG Rover vehicles on the road today understands that the entire dealer network is supported by a thriving, dedicated and world-class spare parts business."

XPart's Desford facility, one of the largest warehouses in Europe, carries the manufacturer's total range of parts required for all MG Rover vehicles, present and past.

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

The message from "Uno Hoo!" contains these words:

Bollocks. They ain't got engine mounts for my Montego, for a start.

Reply to
Guy King

A bit out of date for that car isn't Guy. I thought that 'most' manufacturers held their OEM parts for a particular model for only 10 years after the last of that model left the production line?

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

I've heard that that is what is required of them, though I've heard 7 years too (given that in Canada a car can be bought on 7 year finance, that'd be pretty awful - pay for the car and you can't get spares!).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Brian G ( snipped-for-privacy@invalllid.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And the last Montegos and Maestros were built in very late 1994. Not that far outside the 10 years, is it?

Reply to
Adrian

The message from "Brian G" contains these words:

Quite so - but I was pointing out that they don't hold spares for all models past and present.

Reply to
Guy King

I don't believe that the Montego was *ever* badged Rover or MG!

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

*whoosh*

Oh. All memory of my owning a red J-plate MG Montego has just vanished, as it didn't exist...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I bet you don't believe the world is round either?

Reply to
Michael Cotton

The message from "Uno Hoo!" contains these words:

Mine's badged Rover.

Reply to
Guy King

I stand corrected !!

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

Guy,

If you're living anywhere near the old county of Gwent down in South Wales, I've got a load of used Montego 1600L (I think 1990) parts that are now taking up space if you're interested.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

The message from "Brian G" contains these words:

I'm not, but I visit there from time to time. What'cher got?

Reply to
Guy King

Guy,

A box full of bits that includes the electronic ignition and carburettor modules, starter motor one door mirror (mirror broken) a couple of driveshafts, gearbox (not the Volkswagon one), clutch bits and flywheel - as these have been sitting in the garage and shed for around 10 years I'm not too sure of their condition.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

The message from "Brian G" contains these words:

Not a vast amount there for me - I run a turbo diesel. Thanks for the thought though.

Reply to
Guy King

Cheers Guy,

There is a fair bit more than listed, but it's all buried under a load of stuff in the shed and I can't recall all that's there - but as you say, it's all for a petrol engine anyway.

When the weather warms up and I decide that I need to get into the shed for the gardening stuff, I'll pull the box out and get a full list.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

The message from "Brian G" contains these words:

Best place to post it might be

Guy King

My 218SD hasn't got *any* badges thanks to the local 'kids' .. I was sorta chuffed that they even wanted them!

Back on thread .. does that mean I should still be able to get those 'Rover only' bits (like I just changed the throttle cable and a big steel water pipe)? How do you go to get them (no Rover dealers around here for a while now ..)?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Try XParts website, it has contact details on it.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

The message from T i m contains these words:

You're in the same boat as I am with the Monty - Rover have been effing useless for spares for 'em for ages. You make do and mend.

For one thing, I'd far rather replace a steel water pipe with something less rustable, for a start. Copper's good!

Reply to
Guy King