Engine Temp indicator not working

She is a 1987 RR V8 EFI.

Temp does not work on the dash.

I assume its the sender unit that screws into the expansion tank.... Is there ment to be continuity between the two prongs on the sender unit?

What else can it be?

Sorry to ask, but the haynes manual is underneath lots of stuff in the garage (I think......)

thanks, Mark

Reply to
mark solesbury

I+ doubt that the sender unit is on the expension tank, this is likly to be a low level indicator. The temp sender wil have onlly one wire and is usually located near the thermostat.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

Yep, and they fail. To test the gauge is ok, just earth the wire you remove from the temp sender - the gauge will read hot.

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Buckley

Can anyone point me to what this part looks like??

Reply to
mark solesbury

On mine it's on the inlet manifold, pointing forward towards the water pump. Looks like a brass hex nut with a single wire coming off it (blade connector). Easy to get at, and yes they do fail. Cheap to buy and easy to replace, for elimination purposes if nothing else.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Thanks for that lads.

Sorted.