seagulls nesting in my 110 !

for a variety of reasons my 110 hasn't been used for a full 7 days now, and living in a seaside town the herring-gulls are on building nests at the moment.

I went along to check on things yesterday and a pair of seagulls are on building their nest in the well of the bonnet-mounted spare wheel. They've bloody moved in!

darn things, I'll chase them off before they lay any eggs. Photo's to follow depending on their progress by this afternoon.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Nesting in the spare wheel on a 110 - just shows they've got good taste! Better than bloody pigeons! Rats of the sky they are. Apparently a lot of tramps down that London reckon pigeons have a '...good taste.'

Thanks for the CD by the way!

Reply to
Wolverine

PRICELESS!!!! sent some pictures!

MC.

Reply to
Mark C.

We call Seagulls "Shitehawks" round here!!!

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

On the other hand, leaving them there and driving off could be worse from an animal-rights perspective... :)

Reply to
David French

Well, I keep birds, got around 30 of them, and I recon U should just drive off, and see if the nest withstands the G force LOL

Does this mean that the Gulls have taken over from the customary Landrover Spider .... NOOOOOO

Reply to
Me

Can't see seagulls being protected...suppose what kind of gull it is. Have a look here...

...at the bottom of the page you'll see the different species of 'Gull'. At least you can try to identify the birds and if you have to take action, you have more information. I can't see anything on moving nests or legal stuff.

Reply to
Wolverine

Twas Sun, 9 May 2004 08:34:51 +0100 when "Wolverine" put finger to keyboard producing:

These are herring gulls, their nests are often destroyed and eggs or young chicks destroyed, I hate to see people do that but it seems to be the way with many people here. Anyway they seem to have changed their minds as I checked last night and no more nest material has been added.

A couple of years ago a chap near me had a RR classic which didn't move for a month and had a full nest built on it, he picked the nest up and moved it to the top of a nearby wall and all was well.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.