Excited in Ceredigion

Oooooh I'm excited.

Tomorrow I have an extra hour in bed. But more than this, tomorrow afternoon I finally take delivery of my new diesel Range Rover. It should have been here today, but, because I am buying the pauper pack SE which does not have standard parking sensors, they have been fitted by the dealer. The genuine RR ones are fitted front and back and need a computer system to manage them, but these sensors of mine are aftermarket units of the same quality but fitted only to the back. The problem and delay arose because RR, like the very similar BMW , have a fancy electrical system which does not allow simple tapping of the reverse light cable. Progress? Maybe. Let's hope it doesn't let the side down reliability wise as it has to live up to my daily drive, a Land Cruiser Amazon which has literally only had one bulb and a worn belt replaced in 80,000 miles.

Trust the extra hour to be on a night that I will find difficulty sleeping through.

Ooooooooh, I'm excited!

Huw

Reply to
Huw

SNIP

Uh, your extra hour in bed won't be tomorrow as the clocks go back 0100hrs Sunday.

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPS

See what such excitement can do to a man! It can't be good for the health.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

I know what you mean, my last of the line Disco Series II arrives Monday and I'm counting the hours already!

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPS

My head hurts now, u do get an extra hour in bed don't you? If the clock goes back at 1am (ie back to 0000), don't u have that hour all over again then and there have an 'extra' hour. I hope i can work this out in my head otherwise i'm going to be either early or late for trialling tomorrow, er , i think! Damn

Reply to
Dave Reynolds

Yes, you get an extra hour in bed - you lazy bugger

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around 30 Oct 2004 15:36:27 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Dave Reynolds) enlightened us thusly:

nah, it goes back IIRC at 02:00 (to 01:00)

one of the local (FSVO local) night clubs used to get an extension to 02:00 for tonight, then put the clocks back and stay open an extra hour. dunno if they still do...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:43:05 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

trouble is, you know it's gonna happen, so you just end up going to bed an hour later than normal...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Is relative. I see it as getting an extra hour drinking tonight...

Reply to
Mother

If only someone could explain the concept to my dogs, and ask them not to need a pee until 8am...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

and judging by her absence I reckon Mandy must have been very early at the car boot sale this morning... She'll be home in a fine mood then!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:19:37 +0000, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

Reply to
Austin Shackles

This clock changing lark is hard work, and confusing.

I got in the extra hour of drinking, but seemed to wake up far too early thismorning. In theory i should have gained an extra hour of life, but i feel like ive lost a couple!

Reply to
Tom Woods

So Alex was, like

Spring forward, fall back.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Got mine. Lovely she is. Got some nice features but I am losing a few useful ones like seat, steering and mirror memory combined with auto dipping/folding mirrors. A few useless features that will not be missed are the rain sensitive wipers, auto dusk sensors for headlamps and the xenon lights. These are more than made up for by the servotronic steering, heated seats, beautiful and roomy interior and the absence of the stupid fuel consumption gauge which was a serious distraction.

Once it is run-in, the performance chip will be fitted off my last car and economy and performance should be more than adequate.

One wish is that the centre rear head restraint should be removable. It does house the rear cup holders though, which are a bit clumsy compared to the very clever front ones.

My daughter has already mentioned a lack of handy stowage space for nick-nacks like lip gloss, phones and whatever else teenage girls just must have at hand in the front seat.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

On or around Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:01:55 -0000, "Huw" enlightened us thusly:

whereabouts were you again? will have to try and get a look at it one day, if we can manage to be in the same place at the same time.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Odd, that's how I always remember which way around it is too.

Reply to
Mother

Aberaeron area. Often in Lampeter. Flash if you see a silver Land Cruiser Amazon or a shiny new silver RR :-)

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Twas Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:51:51 +0000 when Tom Woods put finger to keyboard producing:

I used to work the night shift and we would always complain about having to work an extra hour at this time of year. bunch of whinging buggers we were..

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:02:58 -0000, "Huw" enlightened us thusly:

email me some reg. numbers, and I'll keep an eye out.

Reply to
Austin Shackles