1981 Horn Location

As in, where the hell are they! Or maybe I should ask - "where would they normally be, as I've searched from front to back & I'm sure there aren't any fitted".

Both the factory & Haynes manuals aren't being helpful.

A quick progress update while I'm here. The good news is I now have nearly all the electrics working, apart from the horn, turn signals, power door locks & passenger window (which goes down but not up). With a bit of luck I may even remember how to refit all the parts I've removed. The bad news is I'm having nightmares about rusty self-tapping screws.

Reply to
Preston

Aren't they on the front of the radiator core support? That is where they are on most C3s.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

No, they stopped putting them there sometime in the late '70s. I eventually found them, tucked up inside the bodywork in front of the side indicators - one on each side. I can't see any way of getting to them without taking the body off though, so I've just wired in a spare horn I had laying around for now.

Reply to
Preston