FFS Ebay

I am speechless or nearly so I put my ad in very carefully description picture etc am I missing something?

Q: Hi, please send a photo as i don`t quite understand what your selling, are they body lift spacers or coil spring spacers ? Thanks Chris

Item 260148745719

Derek

Reply to
Derek

hi waht color are the item wil it fit a range rover classic do i get the tape mesure in the prise, do you accept paypal

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Seems alright to me!

Reply to
Ian Wilson

Yeah, but everyone knows they can't spell as well as that. I could understand a few words there.

Reply to
Rich B

even know what they are? Doh! TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

In message , Ian Wilson writes

Me two

Reply to
hugh

LOL I buggered up posting this onto Ebay

Q) Can you redescribe as I also am unsure what you are selling, will they fit a rover 400 1.6 (petrol)? (twin cam)

A) LOL unless its a rover body fitted on a Range Rover chassis I doubt it very much you need a whole different unit to lift a car with a mcpherson strut front suspension I would try Halfords

Derek

Reply to
Derek

You should have just replied "Yes" ... to all the fuckwits.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

what and deprive Halfrauds of a sale ? .................... plus I'd be on very shaky ground if someone bought the kit and found it wouldn't fit on their Cessna if I said it would

Derek

Reply to
Derek

haha. stupid ebay.

I've just won an auction at 99p for some car bits.

Seller has added an extra £5 to the quoted postage and then sent me an invoice for it.

What do you reckon - legitimate mistake, or just bitter that it went for 99p and now trying to claw back some more money?

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

Depends on the weight, anything over about 2 kilos would cost about £5 to send first-class registered, I sold some camera gear recently and routinely charged £6 P&P for the larger items, some of them came to £8 or so first-class registered, most were in the region of £4 and upwards.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Likely didn't expect it to sell for 99p and now realises the mistake, happens all the time with small items. His mistake, you shouldn't have to pay any extra above what the auction says. What's the item number by the way?

I did it once, but bit the bullet and paid the extra postage myself so the buyer got his bargain. Lesson learnt. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Mon, 13 Aug 2007 01:01:39 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

If the postage is specifically quoted in the listing they should stick to it. Have you been in contact to query it?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

postage is already quoted at £10 which easily covers the item.

I want it for the braided hoses which will also fit on my saab and replace the plastic ones that are 30 years old and keep snapping if you look at them wrong. :)

I sent him one mail last night saying 'that the total was wrong please can he send me an invoice for the proper total'.

Got a reply thismorning saying 'postage+handling was £15, item was £0.99, so £15.99'.

Now waiting for his reply to my 'no the p+p is £10 as it says in the auction'

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

you should have weighed it more carefully first!. When i last sold a load of junk i tried to work it all out. Took a hit of £1 or £2 on a couple of things. If he had told me that he had taken it to the post office and shipping had come to £11.75 or something (the next weight up at the post office i believe) then i would have most likely paid up or told him to keep it. You can't just add another £5.

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

Keep it up, he's a f****it.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Didn't really need to, I knew some would cost less than my quoted amount and some would cost more, I was selling so many pieces that I couldn't be arsed to pack them up and weight them without even knowing which ones would sell, so I picked an amount that I thought would roughly average out, which turned out to be more or less fine, if slightly biassed in my favour.

Indeed, it's a bit naughty, if it's not a heavy item then he will be trying to boost his profits after it sold for 99p.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

sorry - i misread your post. Thought you were charging people more because it came to higher. On my reread once id woken up ;) i realised you had done the same as me (and the same is it should be done imo) and made money on some, loss on others to average it out.

you can post an entire turbo for just over £10 at the post office. It weighs much less than that!

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

hmmm.

"That was a general price for shipping, let me find out the correct price for you because it is a big and heavy item. I will send an invoice when i know the correct amount, as the auction was won very cheaply i dont really want to be out of pocket. Thank you.!

I'm sure that the price written on the auction is supposed to be the actual shipping price not a 'general' one. It always has been before.

'big and heavy' - I've posted diff's - theyre big and heavy! This isnt

Pretty much every other time i use Ebay I wonder why exactly i bothered..

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

That is entirely wrong.

That is absolutely correct.

I'd contact him back saying you're putting the matter into dispute, give him a week to respond or ship the goods, or whatever time limit ebay has [1] for them, before actually posting the dispute.

I dunno, we've made some tremendous deals out of it. After a few initial errors, we now also make a little money from it _every_ time. ;)

[1] We've only ever had one 'real' dispute, so I can't remember, but it won't happen again.
Reply to
Paul - xxx